If you have a sewing machine, you’ve likely had the annoying issue of lint or fabric from the sewing machine getting stuck in your needle. This happens when the needle is not properly cleaned and lubricated, leaving behind a mess that can be frustratingly expensive and time-consuming to clean.
Most people don’t get rid of their sewing machines after using them. Most never clean them at all! While this might not seem like a big deal, it is an important step in caring for your machine. Sizing up the situation and knowing what to do will also minimize any potential damage to your machine from neglecting it.
Table of Contents
How to clean a Husqvarna sewing machine:
The following are some helpful tips to show you how to clean a Husqvarna sewing machine.
- Your first step is to unplug the cord from the wall and unplug the machine from the outlet.
- Next, locate your sewing machine’s user manual. This should be at home or can easily be found online. If you can’t locate it, try calling your local repair shop or contacting a qualified technician.
- Unscrew all the screws on the bottom of your machine. This will allow you to remove everything from the bottom of your Husqvarna sewing machine.
- Remove all pieces. To clean your Husqvarna sewing machine, you will need to remove all the accessories, including scrapers and spools.
- Next, take a vacuum and thoroughly clean out the inside of the Husqvarna sewing machine cabinet and attachments and any parts that can be removed by hand. If you can’t remove it, vacuum around it.
- Then use a damp sponge to eliminate any loose or flaky dirt or dust remaining on the Husqvarna sewing machine.
- To remove the old lint accumulated, use an old toothbrush. Brush as many surfaces as you can without getting inside any internal mechanisms.
- Give your machine a little wipe down with a damp cloth to get rid of any leftover dust.
- Lastly, once you’re done cleaning your Husqvarna sewing machine, put it all back together and plug it back in.
- Try sewing a few patches to make sure everything is functioning well. If you are having any problems with the machine, consult your user manual or take it to your local repair shop.
- If everything works well, however, pat yourself on the back! You’ve successfully cleaned your Husqvarna sewing machine.
The above points are very important for those who want to know how to clean a Husqvarna sewing machine. Take your time and release each screw and remove all the pieces. Don’t forget to vacuum and wipe down the whole machine with a damp cloth.
What you will need while cleaning a Husqvarna sewing machine:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Old toothbrush
- Toothpick for any hard-to-reach parts
- Damp sponge for cleaning the surface of your sewing machine
- Vacuum sucker for sucking up lint
- Lint roller for catching large amounts of lint and dirt stuck on your sewing machine
- Paper towels to wipe off small dust from your sewing machine cabinet and internal parts
- A small towel to wipe off excess water left behind regardless of how much of it was cleaned
- Blower to dry the inside of your sewing machine
- Cleaning solution or soap
Tips for preventing issues in the future:
- Set up your machine and tools in advance
- Label all parts
- Keep a note of all needle sizes and settings
- Bring out the machine first thing in the morning before it gets dirty
- Clean off any excess thread before you start sewing
- Use the correct needle for your fabric.
- Use sewing machine oil on the machine and all of the parts
- Store your machine in a cool, dry place.
- Keep your Husqvarna sewing machine manual handy, and check your manual frequently.
While the Husqvarna sewing machine is very good, it needs some care and attention to keep it working smoothly, safely, and efficiently. While it is a heavy-duty machine and not recommended for beginners, you can keep this baby running all day long with the proper care.