Leather is something everyone loves. Either it is in form of a jacket or a coat or a table cover or a bag or even a shoe.
Everyone loves carrying leather products around.
They sure give a very attractive appearance.
Leather products are some of the most durable fashions items that are available, but they are also some of the most difficult ones to create.
Leather itself is thick, resistant and very unfriendly to the needle.
However, if you’ve got the best sewing machine for leather working with you,
You’ll find that custom leather products are fun and easy to create!
Best Sewing Machine for Leather 2022 Reviews
The purpose of these reviewsis to help you sort out what models can meet your leather product needs.
You can quickly find the features and advantages that will work for you and then eliminate machines or choose to purchase one based on the information that you see.
Top Best Sewing Machine for Leather Comparison Table
1. SINGER 4423 – Best Top Pick Overall Heavy Duty Sewing Machine for Leather
From manufacturing the world’s first sewing machine and evolving the lives of billions, singer is one of the most popular companies amongst the people.
With their unique designs, affordable prices and durable machines, they have always been customer’s priority.
This design of singer is superfast and does 1,100 stitches per minute.
It is suitable for many materials you’re most likely to be sewing at home like leather patches or table tops or even a small bag.
It is best for sewing leather patches and also is used for many other thick and thin fabrics
60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams.
This might click you that made of metal and marketed as heavy-duty would be like carrying around tons of weight but here is the best part.
It is portable and can be carried around short distances.
The internal metal skeleton is better at handling rough treatment than those made of plastic. The bed plate is of stainless-steel.
The internally adjusted LED light lit up the work space so good that you don’t need to turn on the room lights if you choose not to.
The warranty is different limited for different parts
- Sewing Machine Head have warranty for 25 years
- Wiring, Motors, Stitches, Speed Control, Light Assembly and Electronic Components have warranty for 2 years
- Adjustments, Bulbs, Belts, Attachments, Rings have warranty for 90 days
- The stitches are of high-caliber and high-grade for fabrics like denim, upholstery vinyl, canvas, corduroy, and leather
- The convenience that it offers is for both the first-timers and for the pros
- By delivering rapid speed of 1,100 stitches per minute, it reclaims loads of your time.
- The presser foot is flexible and comes in with 4 types
- The LED is very helpful
- Despite of being heavy duty metal, it is portable.
- It doesn’t have the extra stretch or decorative stitches
- The defective warranty is only 90 days.
- While making a button hole, there is no automatic stop since the machine is manual
It generates many different stitches for the beginner and for experienced sewists. Now you should know this that this machine will not deliver you every type of stitch. It may lack some of your favorite stitches but in the end you will be loving what you will be seeing
It may not have all the stitches of a top of the range model or the automatic features but you will for sure love the results you’d get.
2. JANOME I HD1000 – Best Industrial-Grade Aluminum-Body Sewing Machine for Leather
The brand is well known for its top of the range sewing machines. The Janome brand has become customer’s choice for making high-quality machines that keep up with world’s ever-changing technology.
They strive to provide the best customer service so that they have a loyal customer base.
It comes with an aluminum interior and exterior, 14 different stitch patterns with a 4 step button hole, and a 25 years’ warranty.
The stitch speed is tremendous which means it specifically does 840 stitches in a minute. It either comes in mechanical form or computerized form.
The interior and exterior makeup of aluminum makes it lasts for loner time period.
There is an adjustable dial near the top of the machine, above the needle, that controls the tension on the thread. Tension is what keeps your top and bottom threads consistent.
The 3- piece dog feed allows the free motion sewing and will help in making quilts easily
The reverse lever will allow you to stitch backwards to strengthen your stitches and make sure they don’t unravel.
- They can help in sewing through lots of fabric types
- These machines are durable and long lasting due to their aluminum body
- It has extra high presser foot level which means you can put multilayers under it
- It is loved by both beginners and professionals
- The oil that company provides helps in keeping the machine healthy for a long time
- They take care of any problem you’re having either by sending you a replacement part or even walking you through the process to fix the machine yourself.
- It doesn’t work with reptile skin fabric, canvas, twill, plastic, and rubber fabric.
- Needle threader is not as easy as it should be
- Bobbin threading is also difficult
It is a great product for both beginner and advanced sewers, making a machine that can easily grow with you as learn new sewing and crafting techniques.The warranty protects the user against any problems they have with the “materials or workmanship.
3. Brother ST371HD – Best Top Rated Sewing Machine for Leather
The Best thing about a Brother sewing machine is that you get the Japanese inspired engineering combined with the American convenience, safety and customer service that you want.
They provide you with a 25 year limited warranty (for most of their products) and unlimited phone support for the life of the product.
This model has got some heavy duty features which means it can manage multiple layer thick fabric with ease.
- It is a great machine for heavy and long projects
- The jam-resistant bobbin stays in place and helps to deliver even and reliable stitches
- There’s even a thread guide mark on the bobbin holder to help you set the thread in place.
- The transparent cover over the bobbin making it easier to see thread.
- The storage compartment in the work area is very helpful
- The machine is quite basic
- The LED light isn’t that bright on the work area
- There is no automatic thread tension and speed control
It’s great for heavy duty sewing as well as usual everyday needs be it hemming your favorite jeans, sewing a costume or trying to merge together outdoor fabrics. At such a reasonable price point, it’s hard to find any real fault with the Brother ST371HD.
4. BROTHER RST531HD – Best Affordable Strong Sewing Machine for Leather
The Brother RST531HD sewing machine is the first Brother brand sewing machine for leather launched in 2017.
Like other products of this company, Brother RST531HD did not fail to amaze the customers with brilliant features and sophisticated design. The retail price is not so bad either.
It comes with 53 built in stitch selections for you to work on your projects.
It has a free arm which helps the adjustment of workspace according to the project.
When the free arm is not in use, you can use that part to store your accessories like bobbins, needles, and other small things.
This model comes with a metal finger guard to protect your finger from getting hurt.
This is a very awesome feature and is rarely found in sewing machines.
It has a durable metal frame which makes the machine good to go for a longer time period.
The needle plate is made with metal instead of plastic which gives you a smoother fabric feeding for sewing.
#16 can sew thickest fabric, #14 can sew fabric of intermediate weight like curtains or other broad cloth while #11 is for sewing thin fancy fabric.
The reverse sewing lever is a handy little item to have when it comes to sewing. This is basically to sew backwards.
The easy threading system is a must to have for a sewing machine especially for older people or for someone who has bad eyesight
- Switching to different decorative stitches is pretty easy
- Very easy to learn if you are a beginner
- Instructional manual is very straight forward
- Works great on high weight fabric
- Stitch variety is great
- It is well worth the price because it performs heavy duty and it’s durable.
- This machine has no automatic thread cutter
- It has no wide table included to work with bigger projects.
- The machine light stays on unless you unplug it
If you need a machine that can sew up to 6 layers of denim fabric and need to use it all the time, then there is no better option except for Brother RST531HD
5. Janome HD3000 – Best Value Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine for Leather
Janome Company has designed many great sewing machines based on the requirement of the users.
They have a wide range of sewing machines specially designed for the beginners and for the experts. The company is known for making good heavy duty sewing machines.
The machine has some very interesting and exceptional features that mostly are not found in a single machine all and all.
First comes the needle threader that inserts the thread in the needle all by itself, an automatic buttonhole relying on just a push, quite a fair range of built-in stitches which are 18 in number and many more.
When it comes to sewing speeds, the HD 3000 leaves everyone behind with maximum speed of 860 stitches per minute.
This speed is powered by 1.0-amp motor.It comes with 18 built-in stitches consisting of decorative and basic stitches such as zigzag and straight stitches
with the stitch length of 4mm and width of 6.5mm.
A free arm feature enables you to slip a trouser or a sleeve under the needle and sew such hard to reach areas not only fast, but with a lot of ease.
The built-in work light is bright and well positioned, thereby eliminating the work area brilliantly.
The sewing machine HD3000 offers a bounded and determined warranty of 25 years.
For beginners who rely on the manual, the Janome HD3000 has a surprise in the form of the most easy and understandable instructional manual.
The mechanical controls help the user to easily manage the machine operations.
- It is easy to use
- It can handle large and complex projects very efficiently
- It can perform 860 stitches per minute
- It runs smoothly and quietly
- It is light weight and occupies very small space
- Compared to other machines of its category, it is of very reasonable price
- The metal frame is very durable and stable
- The LED light makes it possible to work even in darker corner of the room
- It is not suitable for extra tough fabric as the needle might get stuck in it
- It may be noisy while sewing a soft fabric
- The thread cutters aren’t well positioned which may result in wastage of thread
- It is a bit expensive
With a powerful motor and a metal frame, the Janome HD3000 has got fantastic features
and is designed to redeem exceptionally well-designed features. Apart from that, this machine is like a wish came to life for a leather sewist. The exceedingly well design, aberrant quality of stitch and unique features makes this machine a recommended by all to all.
BUYER’S GUIDE: By Selling to The Best Sewing Machine for Leather 2022
It is our job to provide you with authentic and true information about a particular product so that you should know pros and cons that you will be facing.
But still before you buy a sewing machine for leather keep the following general points in mind.
Number of Stitches
This is a critical feature and should not be over-looked. Number of stitches a machine can perform is a surety of the wide range of versatility and productivity it will be delivering to you.
Vast the range of decorative stitches, beautiful, exceptional and stylish will be your work.
Leather is a thick material and for seaming on such a resistant stuff you need a very powerful motor.
The power of the machine you acquire should be followed by the kind of leather you will be working on because some leather is soft too.
Having an all-powerful leather sewing machine won’t be a bad idea though.
Speed of Stitches
The elevated and more boosted stitching speed is every sewist top priority.
But not everything you desire is best for you. Go for a higher stitching speed only if you are a pro and you have stitched some stuff with high speeds before.
Because if not, then you might end up messing your fabric.
Ease of Use
If you are a complete alien to this field and novice to these machines then we will strongly recommend you to first get a little knowledge about how these machine operate and then go for something which is basic, simple and comfortable to operate on.
This comfort is not only for beginners but for experts too because best results are given in a comfortable environment.
Do not rush into buying a machine if you have found your desirable sewing machine. Budget is the top thing to consider before settling for a machine.
Now there are many machines that are expensive and many that comes in your budget.
While looking at the most favortite features, do not forget to compare the different machines that lay in your budget.
Work Space Illumination
Find yourself a machine with a bright LED light so you can always see what you are doing.
We know that leather can seem like a challenge to a sewer, but with the right machine, anything is possible.
Purchase a machine that will best suit your needs and you can wave goodbye to your worries about creating leather products.
The above review is done for you in a manner that you should be witting and comprehensive at the same time while before you decide to settle for a machine.